Please beware of recruitment scams that are currently targeting jobseekers. Click here for further advice.
Principal Consultant - Finance & Commercial - Sydney
Property giant listed on the ASX is currently seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join their team.
This position offers an excellent advancement opportunity for candidates ready to take on a role that involves mentoring and developing team members. Collaborating closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Managers, the Senior Property Accountant will be tasked with day-to-day accounting, budgeting, and reforecasting for 15 large shopping centers across Australia.
This role demands a highly skilled business partner with a demonstrated track record in engaging with diverse financial and non-financial stakeholders. The Senior Property Accountant will be responsible for providing commentary and analysis to the leadership team.
Key duties include:
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Providing accurate financial information to ensure adherence to internal controls, policies, and procedures within their areas of responsibility.
- Calculation of annual outgoings adjustments, involving liaison with major tenants for approval, providing supporting documents, and addressing queries related to outgoings.
- Coordination in the budget and forecast process, along with related reporting.
- Preparation of outgoing estimates for tenants on an annual basis.
- Preparation of variance analysis commentary for monthly and quarterly management reporting.
- Property disposal and acquisition responsibilities, including settlement statement preparation, settlement adjustment, and post-settlement financial management.
- CA/CPA qualified
- Previous exposure in a similar role essential
- Preference will be given to candidates with contract based revenue experience preferred.