Senior Automation Test Engineer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$120000.00 - AU$130000.00 per annum|
As a key tester on the technology team, ou will be at the forefront of various revenue-driven technology builds. You may be working on a data-driven initiative to optimise decision making across multiple aspects of firm's synthetic products offering. You may be building a cutting edge technology stack that utilises vital franchise data to suggest potential netting strategies, inventory management ideas, funding optimisations, as well as improving our ability to capture and visualise trade flows. You will work in a team of highly capable, experienced developers which encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust, reliable software. This position provides the opportunity to progress to a leadership role.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Design, develop, test and document highly reliable new applications, tools and workflows to support new revenue opportunities, trader efficiency and associated infrastructure, in a structured, disciplined but fast-moving environment.
- Form strong client relationships with traders, coverage desk, (from Analyst to Managing Director level), operations and other key partners
- Develop and enhance trading and inventory management platforms that facilitate clients and hedge firm risk
- Maintain the stability and integrity of the system while suggesting improvements and optimisations.
- Abstract and automate common desk workflows to streamline trading and scale new businesses
- Be a strong team player, highly motivated, keen to take on responsibility, able to work independently and successfully manage and maintain a high workload in a fast-paced environment
Skills & Expereince:
- 3+ years technology experience in a commercial environment
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills: MUST HAVE PYTHON (C++, Java, or other OO technology desriable)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
- Automated testing and Test-Driven development skills will be a plus
- Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
- Interests in financial markets knowledge and aptitude to learn
- Willingness to work on new language and platform
- Highly motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure without compromising development processes
- Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Possess client-facing skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with the business and other technology groups, both from a support and day to day project work perspective.
The hiring manager is looking for a senior tester who will be able to deliver and develop in this amazing role, if this sounds like you please apply now.