Join one of the fastest growing software companies in the US as they expand their operations into Australia.
A newly created role for a Finance Manager has become available for an entrepreneurial individual who is looking for a role that combines technical finance and providing strategic support to the business. You will lead the accounting, treasury, and FP&A reporting for a small portfolio of software businesses acquired by the company in the local Australian market. You will also assist with in the integration of new acquisitions.
This role will be an initial full time working from home until the business acquire offices locally. The role will be suited to individuals who are looking to role up their sleeves in assisting the business setting up locally. The company is growing at an exponential rate, and you can be part of a growing business that also offers potential equity in the future and to step up into a more senior role.
- Lead the operational / financial integration of acquisitions and implement financial initiatives identified during the M&A process
- Lead the finance function for an portfolio of companies with the support from a team of internal and external finance resources
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate GAAP financial statements, board reporting, budgets, and KPIs of operating companies to drive growth and smart decision-making
- Contribute to the day-to-day accounting work of the portfolio, including but not limited to setting up customer contracts, ensuring correct oversight and supervision as it pertains to booking expenses and accruals, treasury and banking needs
- Participate and support with annual audit
- Lead operating company finance teams through high-impact financial-related projects that drive efficiency and best-practice
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the business as requested
- CA or CPA
- Preference will be given to candidates from a Big 4 background
- Proven ability to drive process improvements
- Relevant accounting experience with US GAAP will be beneficial
- Entrepreneurial candidates with the ability to think out of the box
This is the ideal opportunity for individuals to with a passion for tech and finance to step in a role focussed on growth.