Systems and infrastructure engineer (Server)
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$110000.00 - AU$115000.00 per annum|
Job Title: Infrastructure Systems Engineer (Server)
Location: Sydney CBD
Length of assignment: Perm Full-Time
Estimated Start- ASAP
This is an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join one the team and support one of Australia's leading financial services companies. Your role will be responsible for deploying and maintaining Infrastructure systems with a focus on practical experience and strong understanding of server and Network infrastructure.
- Deployment/maintenance of all infrastructure to agreed standards & timeframes
- Provision of quality service and support of all IT systems.
- Release changes to the environment in a controlled and practical manner which reduces risk and complexity.
- Maintain system provisioning levels including hardware and software lifecycle management.
- Update systems configurations in-line with best practise and defined standards.
- Application of best practice & process in all situations to resolve issues
- Interact & collaborate with developers to distinguish application issues and work together to create solutions
Knowledge and experience
- AWS Certified
- MCSE level experience as a Systems Administrator
- 5+ years' experience in Systems & Network Administration
- 3+ years' experience Database Administration
- MUST have experience in CISCO ASA
- Experience with Advanced Routing Protocols
- Experience operating, implementing & maintaining cloud and virtualised environments
- Experience deploying networks & operating traditional datacentres
- Experience with incident & change management
- Service oriented background with complimentary experience in network administration and user support.
- Experience with IT & Cyber security
Skills and competencies
- Strong understanding of Server, network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Windows & Linux Server Administration
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- AWS Cloud Administration
- Website Server Administration (IIS, Apache Tomcat)
- Database Server Administration (RDS, MSSQL)
- Tenacity and resilience, able to remain calm in high pressure situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and conceptual thinker
- Customer focus/orientation
- Collaborative team player
- Demonstrated ability to work equally independently with the team to achieve common goals & assigned tasks.
- Stakeholder management skills