Senior System Administrator
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$40 - AU$58 per hour + Super|
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to manage a small team whilst providing specialist knowledge and experience in System Administration.
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-driven, and self-motivated IT support specialist to harness their System Administration expertise.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead a small team of system administrators
- Administration of Solaris, RedHat Linux systems, Oracle, Ingres, Oracle Database platforms, Middleware Tuxedo, Web Server environments, periodic disaster recover testing
- Monitoring of servers and services for proactive support
- Maintain operating systems, Database environments, relevant supported software, and currency in server infrastructure
- Manage Hardware upgrades on server infrastructure, software licensing renewals, hardware maintenance renewals including contract management
- Providing and maintaining quality systems documentation, including reporting
- Communicate with clients giving advice on hosting solutions offered by Application Hosting
- Produce timely and detailed oral/written advice as required on software, hardware and security matters
- Proactive Server monitoring, server build configuration, capacity Planning
- Puppet configuration and administration
- Complete actions as part of the rotating weekly duty roster, including being part of either morning duty or afternoon duty
- Make sure that deliverables are prioritised and completed within the specified timeframes
- Compliance with ITP Technical Architecture, ITP change, configuration, incident and problem management methodologies and systems.
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and experience:
- Oracle Certified Professional
- Solaris 10 , 11 and RedHat Linux System Administration 6,7,8
- Solaris ( SVP) environment and RedHat Linux virtualisation (VMware) (Logical Domains and Containers)
- Oracle SPARC server fleet
- Unix Shell scripts, PERL, PHP and other relevant scripting languages
- Oracle Database platform administration (v11, v12 and V18 )
- Oracle Exadata platform administration (incl. Grid, RMAN, Dataguard, ASM)
- Cloud Linux IaaS and PaaS
- Installation and management tool sets for both Linux and Solaris environments
- Installation and administration of Puppet enterprise for Solaris and Linux , Centos 8, RH 8. Providing High availability, Managing puppet configuration, integration and scripting across these environments, including Orchestrating Puppet, tasks and Plans.
- Ingres, Postgres SQL and Oracle Database System Administration
- Apache Tomcat Administration ( v 8.5)
- Oracle WebLogic Administration ( v12 . 2)
- Oracle Tuxedo Administration ( V12)
- Oracle Pillar array architecture, management and administration.
- Nagios ( v 4.4) Administration
- AWS and Azure Architecture and System Operations and demonstrated experience to build servers and associated tool sets in theses cloud environments
- VMware, NAS, SAN, Backup, Network, and Security infrastructure
Additional Benefits on Offer:
- Join an outgoing, mission focused, and professional team
- Opportunity for professional and career development
- 12 month contract with possibility of extension
If this sounds like the next career step for you and you have the relevant experience, click 'Apply Now' or call (07) 3020 0315 for a further discussion.