Senior Data Centre Operator
|Location:||State of Queensland|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$30 - AU$40 per hour + Super|
We are looking for a Senior Data Centre Operator to provide data centre support activities and innovative solutions within day-to-day processes and uphold 2IC responsibilities.
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-driven, and self-motivated IT support specialist to harness their Data Centre expertise.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance to the Data Centre Manager by supporting day-to-day activities
- Focus on aspects such as Rack Management, Cable Management, Environmental Controls, Power Management, and Tape Media Management
- Coordinate the external contractor's preventative maintenance and/or the repairs of data centre operations
- Be a supervisor to the inspection, installation, repairs, routine maintenance, and modifications of business-critical systems
- Installation, de-installation, relocation of servers, and manage other IT equipment, cabling, and hardware
- Keep documentation and records up-to-date, track computing equipment into and out of managed data centres
- Assist with 24x7 on-call responses to business-critical data centre systems
- Work in a 2IC role and manage the team when the Data Centre Manager is away
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of facilities engineering systems, including but not limited to, electrical and mechanical distribution, power generation, cooling systems, UPS, automated building controls and safety
- Experience with high density data centre power and cooling processes
- Experience in data centre rack and cable management
- Experience using DELL/HP KVM systems and Avocent Cyclades Terminal servers
- Capability to function in an environment which requires flexibility, good judgement and intelligent decision making, often based upon limited information and/or time conditions.
- Experience with iTracs data centre management tool (or equivalent)
- Valid manual Class C Driver's License
- Qualifications in relevant fields such as data network cabling, Visio, Unix Systems, Cisco, and camera monitoring
Additional Benefits on Offer:
- Join an outgoing, mission focused, and professional team
- Opportunity for professional and career development
- 12-month contract with possibility to extend
If this sounds like the next career step for you and you have the relevant experience, click 'Apply Now' or call (07) 3020 0315 for a further discussion.