Quality Assurance Engineer
Ambition is currently partnered with a niche technology company to find them a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their testing and verification team. This role will be helping the team test and verify the firmware to be released globally. The role also includes hand-on hardware testing, assisting the partners test consumer products with their firmware. This can include bring-up of prototypes and providing feedback to our client's partners.
Roles and responsibilities:
- QA testing for the existing designs.
- Working with automated test scripts in Python.
- Working with regression and system tests made by the development team.
- Test results data analysis in Python.
- Development of new testing procedures.
- Documenting results (test reports, etc).
- Testing of new electronics hardware.
- Providing technical support & test reports to assist business development managers.
- Version control and release management.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Degree qualification in engineering or related discipline.
- Candidates with any level of experience will be considered.
- Proven track record in methodical execution of tasks.
- Self-motivated and capable of adapting quickly to change.
- A willingness to occasionally get involved in other aspects of development as part of a small team.
- Strong documentation and oral communication skills.
Non-essential, but advantageous:
- Keen interest in virtual reality and computer games.
- Understanding of quality management systems.
- Familiarity with Jenkins and Linux.
- Electronics assembly, soldering, operation of oscilloscope and logic analyser.