Machine Learning and Automation Specialist
Great opportunity to join an ASX 50 leader both in business and the Technology they utilise as a Machine Learning and Automation expert. The role will be working with the business to identify opportunities for Ai and ML which is a high level of sponsorship within the organisation.
As an AI/ML Specialist, you'll work closely with technology team and business stakeholders to generate data driven actionable insights using state of the art advanced analytical techniques with a view to create robust solutions that deliver business value.
The principal tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Foster strong partnerships with technology and business to inspire and deliver the commercial value proposition of AI/ML and actively manage and deliver initiatives that align to targeted business areas.
- Design, build, operationalize scalable, reliable and cost effective AI/ML pipelines by leveraging the industry standard out of the box cloud based ML models.
- Ability to identify insights from large structured and unstructured datasets and present findings to stakeholders at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge in AI/ML concepts(learning/explanation, regularisation, hyperparameter optimisation, model/data drift testing, bias variance and validation methods) with a hands on experience in operationalizing, training, retro-fitting and automating end to end aspects of ML models.
- Strong grasp of data life cycle management (ingestion, transformation, persistence, retrieval) and solid understanding of data engineering/data science principles with an ability to use state of art methods and programming languages.
- Establish best practises, optimize and continuously monitor the health of the AI/ML platform and carve a way for the team to build and grow machine learning capability.
- Possess strong critical reasoning, strategic and tactical problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as operative effectively in a team environment.
- Network with internal and external partners, train and evangelize AI/ML principles and techniques with the wider community.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative disciplines
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience in advanced analytics role.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working in technology teams with a hands on expertise of the life cycle management of AI/ML models in a production environment.
- Experience in applying wide variety of statistical and modelling techniques with larger data sets.
- Experience in building and productionizing out of the box AI/ML models in a distributed cloud technology (AWS preferred).
- Proficient in coding (Git/Jenkins) and experience in several languages(Python, SQL) with a focus on AI/ML techniques.
- Strong understanding of data modelling and data warehousing principles
- Strong team player and communications and ability to articulate at all levels of the business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- AWS platform
- Snowflake & Informatica
- Tableau experience
- Project management
- Agile & Product Management
- CI/CD Devops practices
- API build and management
- R and Spark