Linux Kernel Software Engineer
Ambition is currently partnered with a niche technology company to find them a Linux Kernel Software Engineer to join a small, agile development team. This role will report to the Engineering Manager and will be based out of their Brisbane office.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Linux kernel driver development
- Embedded software development
- Strong understanding of the current Linux kernel and its programming interfaces
- Designing new features in conjunction with FPGA and electronics engineers
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Degree qualification in engineering or related discipline.
- Over 3 years' Linux kernel development experience
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong documentation and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand electronics schematics and component data sheets.
Highly desirable skills/experience:
- Windows driver development (USB over ethernet virtualisation);
- Control system and signal processing algorithm development
- Familiarity with ARM or SoC devices such as the Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+
- Experience working with high-speed digital I/O; and
- Experience working with video transport protocols such as HDMI, DisplayPort and MIPI.
To send an application, please include a cover letter outlining the below points:
- Provide an overview of your Linux Kernel and C++ experience.
- Do you have any Linux Kernel commits? Please list links to some commit examples.
- Discuss a few examples of embedded problems where you had to perform throughput / latencies optimisations; be specific on the methods you used to understand and solve the problem.
- Do you have any specific project experience working on Kernel network and/or USB drivers? Please list specific tasks and outputs
- Please list any specific project / software examples about any of the other non-essential skills listed above.