IT Desktop Support Specialist - Financial Services
|Location:||State of New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$450 - AU$550 per day|
The Australian IT team of this global Investement Icon is looking for Desktop Suppor ttechnioian to support their Advisory, Wealth Management, Shareworks and Back Office business units.
You will be required to maintain stability, service and availability of all technology for the PC end user environment. Operationally, the person will need to provide end user support (including some application lifecycle management and support), manage projects, maintain work area recovery (disaster recovery), manage moves/adds/changes, training and communication pertaining to the end user's technology environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with local/regional IT colleagues and vendors to deliver technology solutions
- Provide operational oversight for specialised coverage areas
- Own and manage the escalation of problems to 2nd level support or vendors
- Identify trends or issues concerning support and implement strategic solutions
- Participate in silo meetings/conference calls with offshore Teams as appropriate
- Coordinate testing and deployment of new application/upgrades
- Coordinate and maintain support documentation
- Develop technical skills & business knowledge to increase value-add services to the business units
- Maintain work area recovery hardware and ensure its prepared for disaster recovery events
- Strict adherence to Asset Lifecycle Management and maintenance of necessary documentation
You will work closely with the Non-Trading Service Manager, local WSS Team and regional escalation Teams in their day to day operational role. The hours of support are between 0730 and 1800 and the candidate will be required to cover early or late shifts as required. Given the breadth of scope of business areas in a branch office, the candidate will also be required to function across and provide cover for all other Australia business units if required (i.e. Sales and Trading, Remote Support for non-Sydney locations, etc). The candidate will also be required to undertake additional infrastructure responsibilities and work with our regional infrastructure teams and vendors.
- Sound technical skills in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016/O365 desktop environment
- Cisco IP, virtual Desktop, Mobile Support
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team Player. Ability to work as part of a local and virtual team across multiple countries and cultures
- Analytical and good problem solving skills.
- Experience of working in a Financial Institution
- Flexibility and adaptability to the dynamics and demands of a Financial Institution
- Experience IT Asset Management
This is a long term contract role with the opportunity to progress within one of the leading names in Investment Banking and Financial Services.