Fund Accounting / Operations Oversight Manager
My client is a worldwide financial institution who have made a name for themselves as one of Melbourne's 'must work for' employers. Globally, they have hundreds of billions of funds under management and a relentless drive to provide exceptional service to their clients. Their culture is based on honesty and integrity and they have a history of providing their employees with exceptional opportunities for career progression.
Due to continued strong performance and the acquisition of new clients, they currently seek an experienced Operations / Fund Accounting professional to move into a client focused role within the business.
- Review, provide oversight and support off-shore centres with their production of unit pricing data. Investigate exceptions and ensure all SLAs have been met.
- Assist with the implementation of new funds while being aware of changes to accounting standards.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients, and serve as point of escalation of complex client issues or queries.
- Work closely with Client Executives, Account Managers and Product Managers on client management and service improvement initiatives.
- Identify process improvements including gaps in the client operating model or control framework with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness of the current process.
- Be the escalation point for upstream and downstream teams, developing training plans/documentation for any gaps that are discovered.
- Have responsibility for ensuring that the risk and control framework is followed. Conduct regular reviews of processes to ensure that they meet compliance standards.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong understanding of Unit Pricing and wider investment operations.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience.
- The ability to work productively in a continuously evolving, complex and changing environment.
- A commitment to team and personal development programs and the desire to be a role model for values, diversity, partnership, management practices and communication.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deal with clients in a professional manner.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply via this website and I will provide feedback on your application as soon as possible
Julian Soames - Principal Consultant - Banking and Financial Services