Please beware of recruitment scams that are currently targeting jobseekers. Click here for further advice.
Principal Consultant - Funds Management - Sydney
Our esteemed client, a prominent player in the private equity/VC industry, is actively seeking a highly qualified and motivated Finance Manager to join their dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in supporting the Chief Financial Officer and overseeing all financial aspects of the management companies and Fund vehicles.
- Collaborate in the financial control process for a group of entities, managing GL reconciliations and ledger analysis.
- Foster relationships with external fund administrators and fund auditors
- Lead and supervise the external bookkeeping team, overseeing payment reviews, payroll, staff expenses, and monthly journals.
- Drive the production and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Ensure proper allocation of fund expenses in accordance with agreements and policies.
- Evaluate capital call calculations, management fee calculations, distribution calculations, IRR, and NAV reporting.
- Collaborate with the investment team to assess and validate the pricing of portfolio holdings.
- Develop and oversee the budgeting process
- Generate financial forecasts and conduct performance analyses against budget expectations.
- Provide strategic insights to facilitate informed decision-making.
This role would suit a candidate with a chartered accounting background (business services or audit) making their first move as an established manager, or who has some industry experience in the funds management space.
- CA/CPA qualified.
- Proven experience in finance or accounting roles within the investment management industry
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in financial modelling and analysis.
- Familiarity with investment management structures, products, and operations.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Submit your application via this website or contact Charlie Fitzroy from Ambition Recruitment (0405 242 474) to be considered for this exceptional opportunity.