We are currently working with a leading Bank on a large data focused program of work which is transforming the bank.
As part of a growing team, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to define and build an automated framework to support the delivery of a wide variety of data sourced from various external parties and data providers. This role is within an Accelerated Data Consolidation Program being run in a maturing Agile (Scrum) environment to consolidate the organisations most critical data on the enterprise data warehouse.
Do work that makes a difference
As part of this role you will:
- Design, build and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines
- Work on an Agile project to provide a new capability for a critical system
- Continually work towards improvements in the development and release processes, with a clear focus on automation
- Coordinate test and production environment usage, alignment, monitoring and security reviews
- Setup appropriate processes around environment access and permissions
- Work collaboratively with the scrum teams to enable the test automation framework
- Develop, maintain and optimise automated code deployment for various environments
- Highlight risks and resolve issues affecting release scope, schedule and quality
- Support project teams with application monitoring, issue diagnosis and resolution
You will work with a team of collaborative and motivated people who are passionate about data. The work environment is challenging, fast paced and team oriented focused on the delivery of solutions to meet diverse data requirements across the Bank. You will be supported through training and certification in Scrum, data analysis tools and modelling techniques.
We are looking for someone with experience in the creation, improvement and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines for data warehouse solutions along with strong experience in Azure DevOps and PowerShell/Bash/Python scripting.
To be successful in this critical role you will possess:
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD patterns using GIT, JIRA, Azure DevOps Server, Jenkins and Artifactory
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux OS
- Experience of working with Scrum teams
- Working knowledge of software development using Java, SQL and IBM DataStage
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps principles, tools and frameworks is desirable
- Demonstrated problem solving skills applicable to application support and development
- A history of completing tasks and projects with minimal supervision and experience working with Agile Methodologies