Desktop Support Engineer
|Location:||North Shore, Port Macquarie-Hastings, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$80000 - AU$90000 per annum + + Super|
This global engineering organisation dedicated to challenging and changing the face of construction worldwide. The business has delivered some of Australia's largest, most technically-complex projects within the transport, oil and gas, building construction, defence, airports, mining, marine, civil and social infrastructure sectors.
About the role
The organisation is recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Technician. Based in our Sydney office (with flexible work available) this role will require travel to projects and remote areas to assist with setup and support of IT services on our construction sites. this role will be fantastic for a Technical Service desk Analyst with striong customer service skills to "graduate" to the next level.
You will be responsible for the implementation of Windows based systems as well as providing 2nd level support to their users across Australia, with some 1st level work for our local users where required. Other key responsibilities include:
- Resolving incidents escalated from Service Desk
- Building, deploying and supporting desktop computing resources across the company
- Supporting users across a broad range of technologies including mobile telephony, video conferencing and collaboration.
- Assist with project setup work i.e. establish IT services - server implementation, basic networking configuration
- Maintaining a secure IT environment by monitoring and reporting security breaches and any unauthorised data access
You will have
The role will suit someone with an established Service Desk background, or a Desktop Support engineer with 2+ years of experience looking to take the next step.
You should have a strong customer focus, excellent communication skills and a drive to learn.
Your investigative skills will be excellent with a strong focus on structured troubleshooting and diagnostics.
Highly regarded skills or experience
- Windows support, primarily Windows 10
- Application support, including Office 365
- Mobile telephony support
- Desktop & Laptop hardware support
- Exposure to Active Directory
- Documentation and knowledge sharing
- MAC support.
You will receive
Support and guidance from a team of dedicated engineers with a broad range of skills and backgrounds.
The chance to learn and grow with opportunities to advance your career in multiple disciplines.