Please beware of recruitment scams that are currently targeting jobseekers. Click here for further advice.
Data Engineer contract opportunity expanding and optimising an FMCG business's Data & Analytics platform through the ingestion, transformation and provisioning of data for their Insights teams. This role will both support and grow capabilities within the platform to deliver value in an iterative way, championing a data driven culture and adhering to data governance practises.
- Design, Build, Test and Deploy highly available & reliable data pipelines, architectures, and data structures (data sets, views, data marts etc) leveraging relevant tools
- Drive further business value creation by leveraging new and emerging data platform toolsets as part of an innovation pipeline.
- Assemble large, complex structured and unstructured data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements including security and governance.
- Update existing data models and metadata repositories for new use cases.
- Design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes and reconciliations, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the technology required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python and AWS data technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Insights teams to resolve data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Keep our data secure, documented, tagged and accurate
- Create data sets for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product to drive innovation and competitive advantage.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data system
- Solid understanding of Data & Analytics concepts and technologies including data warehousing, data lakes, ETL and visualisation and reporting, and how business value is created from these technologies.
- Skills in use of data engineering tools and languages including SQL, Python, Athena, Red Shift & Glue.
- Solid understanding of Data Architecture, Data modelling, Data marts and Metadata management best practice
- Exposure to Agile delivery including definition of User Stories
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, IT, or similar field
- Minimum 1-2 Years experience in working with Modern Data Platforms (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Minimum 1-2 Years of Data Engineering experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- FMCG industry experience would be desirable
Please apply today!