The purpose of the Data Engineer role within the Data Management Group will be the interface between Business Stakeholders and the Data Management Group for:
- Understanding Business and technology requirements in regards to data and analytics including:
- current state data architecture and application landscape (Inputs)
- Transformation requirements (Aggregation and translation)
- Model Output and Visualisation (Analytics and Presentation)
- Ensuring future state data architecture and analytics requirements are considered and acted upon as part of an Enterprise Data and Analytics platform.
- Manage the architectural impacts; including assessments, dependencies, tools, technical requirements, issues and risks
- Establish Technical Foundation for Enterprise Information Management initiatives including staging and reporting areas.
- Ensure that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the Enterprise.
- Responsible for assistance in modelling complex Data Management Group problems, discovering Data Management Group insights and identifying opportunities through prototyping.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's in computer science, mathematics, computer or any branch of engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Requires over 2-3 year's Solution experience in development capacity.
- Understanding of data modelling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits.
- Experience in Talend
- Experience in Big Data
For more information please contact Tessa Gould at 03 8629 1020.