Cyber Security Analyst
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$100000 - AU$120000 per annum|
Job Title: Cyber Security and Compliance Analyst
Location: Sydney CBD
Length of assignment: Perm Full-Time
Estimated Start- ASAP
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security and Compliance Analyst to join one of Australia's leading financial services companies. Your role will to be the face and the voice of cyber security policies and protocols. You will be responsible for providing direction in policies and practical input into both strategy and ongoing security operations through working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop cyber security business case and remediation plan aligned to industry best practices.
- Conduct ongoing value-based risk analysis across people, process and technology + Lead with successful completion of security risk assessment activities.
- Provide input into the implementation or enhancement of new or existing security technologies such as SIEM, threat and vulnerability management, Intrusion detection system and web application firewall.
- Lead security due diligence, risk assessment and audit processes for internal and external auditors as well as current and prospective clients.
- Help our customers understand security and compliance control environment.
- Lead annual security reviews of 3rd party suppliers.
- Champion and foster a security culture across the organisation through the security awareness program
- Develop secure coding standards and train developers.
- Contribute by enhancing and maturing the existing common control framework, security standards and policies
- Develop/Enhance dashboard for management level reporting
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in defining policies and implementation of security roadmap.
- Experience with the implementation of industry and regulatory standards (e.g. ISO 27001/2, CPS 234)
- Security operations experience including management, threat assessment and reporting.
- Security incident response experience
- Experience with security technologies such as antivirus, SIEM, vulnerability management, email filtering, intrusion detection and firewall.
- Experience with managing and delivery of technical security projects
- Experience in managing internal, external audit or due diligence activities.
- A minimum of 8+ years IT Security and 2+ years security operations experience, A Bachelors and/or post graduate degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related major.
- Professional security certifications such as CISSP, OSCP, SANS.
Skills and competencies
- Strong audit and policy capabilities
- Strong leadership capability including coaching and mentoring team members and the ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
- Strong negotiating, conflict resolution and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain cyber security issues and technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others.
- High level of planning and organisation capability.