Commercial Finance Analyst
|Location:||Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Accounting & Finance|
|Salary:||AU$100000 - AU$120000 per annum|
Ambition is partnering with an ASX 100 retail Business, currently experiencing a period of exciting change, through acquisition and organic growth. They have several specialist business units within the Group, and we are looking for a talented Commercial Finance Analyst to join one of their specialist business units.
The company prides itself on exceptional service to their varied customer base and integrity is at the forefront of every decision that they make. They are acquisitive in nature and always looking to improve their offering in the market.
The company is based in the Eastern suburbs, and for the right person success in this role will open up a host of opportunities across the Group.
This is a highly visible role, reporting into and working closely with the General Manager of Finance, you will have the ability to work autonomously and use your initiative to make decisions. The GM will also offer you support and coaching, and they have a culture of internal development.
The role encompasses supporting the businesses strategic and tactical commercial decisions through the provision of analysis and management reporting and providing commercial insights into all aspects of the company.
Some of the principal duties will involve:
- Work with individual BU's to identify opportunities to optimise margin through the management of pricing, promotions, rebates, loyalty programs and other customer-facing commercial matters to drive the organisation forward
- Assisting with developing the 5-year strategic plan
- Financial modelling and scenario analysis
- Implement regular benchmarking across BU's on financial/operational metrics
- Working capital analysis and monitoring to ensure maximization of cash position
- Provide ad-hoc project support to the General Manager
- Support initiatives to maximise intercompany purchases to increase Group margin
This is the perfect first step for a recently qualified CA/CPA Accountant, moving from the profession and seeking a challenging and varied role. This is not your typical Finance Analyst role and will give you commercial exposure across the business. As a result of this, you will be looking to challenge yourself and always be looking to learn and develop from the team around you.
- Ideally, you will be CA/CPA qualified Accountant or close to qualification
- A mindset of continuous improvement is essential
- Advanced Excel skills and an aptitude for ERP systems
- You will be driven and ambitious and want to join a high performing business and make your mark
- You will have the ability to analyse the numbers and offer meaningful commentary
- Customer-centric with exceptional stakeholder management skills
For a confidential discussion, please call Kris Owens on (03) 8629 1047 or alternatively, APPLY now by clicking the button below.