Web Accessibility Specialist
|Location:||Eastern Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$125000.00 per annum|
A large Govt Finance dept is seeking a Web Accessibility specialist from a Solid front end development background to lead the Web Accessibility testing and making recommendations across the whole organistion.
- The key focus of the role is to conduct assessments and audits of the accessibility of external and internal websites, web applications and the intranet.
- Provide recommendations for remedial action and support to ensure web resources are compliant with government standards.
- Develop web accessibility policy and processes, and educate others on how to create web pages and applications for compliance with Web
- Conduct compliance assessments via manual reviews and using automated test tools and assistive technologies.
- Compile reports concerning failures in WCAG compliance defects and ways to remediate.
- Review WCAG compliance defects with developers and provide advice on possible resolutions.
- Partner with project teams and provide them with consultative support regarding usability and accessibility at the appropriate phases of the project life cycle.
- Understand and interpret existing branding guidelines, style guides, and accessibility guidelines to create effective solutions within them.
- Assist the Web Manager, as required, to provide cover for day-to-day maintenance and development of the Bank's websites.
You must have:
- Solid Front end development background
- Min 2+ years experience in Web accessibility testing
- Ideally Double A compliant
- Understand WCAG 2.0 - international standard
- Excellent communication and training skills and passionate about accessibility testing.
Please hit apply if you have the right skills for the role and you will shortly be contacted if your profile has been shortlisted.