Technical Business Analyst
Lucrative Multiple opportunities are available for a Technical Business Analyst to join a global FS firm with one of the best cultures or small/medium FS software vendors / FS firms
If you are an experienced Investment banking/Funds/Investments Technical Business Analyst who is looking for a new challenge, longevity and autonomy, opportunity to progress within the bank don't look any further!
There are permanent roles available - $120,000 - 135,000 base + super + bonus or contract roles available
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Business requirements gathering and documentation - working closely with the Business and the IT team
- Analysing client needs, creating a new solution, enhancing, upgrading systems
- Responsible for producing detailed business, technical/functional specifications
- Liaising with architects and developers, mapping out the system & process functionality
- Integrating data feeds into downstream trading application streams
- Successful candidate will be working closely with development teams assisting with any build/development work allocations
- Working with Agile/ Waterfall environment
- Conducting QA testing on trading applications
Process/system analysis and solution definition - working with IT to define solution architecture in line with business requirements and operating model principles.
- Liaising with both technology and business stakeholders - ie. Sales/ Traders, Middle Office, Product Control, Risk, Collateral Management
Successful candidate must have the following experience:
- A min of 5 years Business Analysis experience gained within Investment Banking / Funds managemnt/ Investment environment
- Must have previous experience working with FX, Commodities, Fixed Income, Derivatives etc (5years+)
- Must have strong SQL scripting skills
- Must have previous experiene implmenting / enhancing / support Calypso, Fidessa, Quantum, Hiport, Pcontrol, Fidessa, Murex etc systems
- Ideally exp working as a BA or SME implementing trading/ investment/ risk engine systems (inhouse or vendor)
- Must have previous experience working in the front office to back office environment
- QA experience and writing test scripts
- For some roles configuration, installation system experience woudl be required
- Outstanding workflows, data mapping, interfaces skills
- Must have detailed Documentation experience - able to draft detailed business, technical/ functional requirements, and relevant governance documentation relevant to productionisation/ service transition requirements
- Stakeholder and vendor management skills
- Understanding of process methodologies with project and systems development life cycle experience.
- Ability to lead and manage detailed analysis work independently
This is a high profile challenging opportunity which will enable you to enhance your Financial services experience.
Please send your CV for consideration and feel free to contact May Inogamova for further information on 02 9248 6202 or