Senior System Engineer - Cloud services / AWS / VmWare
|Salary:||AU$100000 - AU$110000 per annum|
Senior System Engineer - Cloud services / AWS / VMware
My client is the largest travel guild book publishing company in the world, they have a global presence and are branching out to other countries. They are a using cutting edge digital Cloud technologies and are partnered with some really big names in the travel and tourism industries.
As a senior system engineer you will take ownership to maintain and enhance infrastructure of the cloud services, server operations, network equipment, and management of server rooms, storage, backup system and VMware virtualisation.
- Cloud services (both SaaS and IaaS) such as G-Suite, AWS.
- Hardware including Dell servers, storage and network equipment.
- Operating systems including Windows Server and VMware ESX.
- Microsoft Back Office products including Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and System Center Configuration Manager.
- Remote Access services such as VPNs, Citrix, and FTP servers.
Key Result Areas
- 5+ years' experience at 3rd level or above (Must have experience in a Digital Environment)
- Ownership of all IT infrastructure across the client offices, including but not limited to systems administration, operation, enterprise management, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support to Service Desk staff
- Incident management system and escalate as appropriate or manage them to resolution.
- Promote adherence to ITIL-based functions and procedures.
- Ratifying and planning the appropriate creation of shares, user groups and permissions.
- Create, maintain and update systems documentation.
- Ensuring backups are regular, comprehensive, successful and securely stored according to a current disaster recovery plan, and ensuring that any restores that are required occur successfully.
- Ensure the physical and electronic security of all backend equipment, systems and data.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the server room infrastructure.
- Work in accordance with policy and procedural guidelines.
Key Requirements / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications / Attributes
- Experience using and managing Cloud services such as G-Suite, VMware vCloud and AWS.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP & routing.
- VMware certification or experience.
- Dell SAN experience
- PowerShell & SQL skills.
- Ability to configure, diagnose and rectify server & SAN hardware issues.
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory administration, configuration & troubleshooting.
- Architecture/Design experience with Windows systems
- Ability to mentor less experienced staff as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with staff and managers in all departments and offices.
- Familiarity with Agile and Prince2 project management methodologies.
- Cisco/security experience or certifications
- MCSE certification that is relevant to current systems.
- Demonstrated relevant and current industry experience administering and maintaining the core suite of Microsoft back office products including System Center (SCOM/SCCM).
- Trend Micro IMSS and AV Enterprise solution experience
- VPN and WAN experience
- CommVault certification or experience
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior System Engineer to come and join a well-established technology team and take your career to the next level within an exciting and cutting edge environment. You will be working in Melbourne CBD location.
If you feel you fit the above requirements and you're looking to make that next move please apply today!