Senior Project Manager | 12 mth contract $900 p.d. | Bankstown
My client is a high-profile NSW Government agency about to commence on a set of complex and exciting projects related to core business operations. These are mission critical projects, requiring a Senior Project Manager to manage them end-to-end.
Some travel to various locations and offices in Sydney will be required.
- Being able to lead a number of complex application-delivery projects simultaneously, making sure these are running within time and budget.
- Ensuring the scope of the project(s) is clearly defined and documented and that the impact of project changes is made clear in terms of effects on time, cost, and risk.
- Ensure that the diverse project components are planned, managed, and controlled from project initiation to project closure within agreed time, cost, and quality boundaries. Customer and third-party commitments also need to be monitored and tracked in the same manner.
- Risk and issue management of all aspects of the project.
- Leading organisational change so that the business appropriately integrates their technologies into their day-to-day operation.
- Ensure that an effective project team is set up to achieve the project deliverables. Project goals to be set and performance reviews will need to be carried out for the project team members.
- Working with Product Manager to ensure resourcing for your project is correct and correctly forecast.
- Detailed project reporting & metrics are required to be produced ranging from regular internal status reports to customer progress reports. Clear and reliable tracking of effort expended for billing purposes will also need to be maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that all phases of the project are clearly documented - particularly functional and technical specifications (including architecture) of the final solution.
- Experience delivering mission-critical and complex projects concurrently.
- Proven experience in vendor-based application delivery; and infrastructure projects (primarily in network and desktop design).
- Experience managing projects valued at over $1m.
- Experience in defining and leading Organisational Change Management.
- Experience dealing with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Leadership and motivation skills.
- Experience and strong capability in planning, resourcing and risk assessment/ mitigation.
- Proven experience in managing vendors to deliver the outcomes. Experience with managing overseas vendors is preferable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and able to deal with a variety of tasks.
- Ability to create a positive, innovative and engaging working environment.
If this sounds like you, then APPLY NOW or contact Bobby on (02) 9248 6209 for more information.