|Location:||Eastern Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$0.00 per annum|
About the company
Through organic growth and strategic acquisition, the company has evolved into a leading global provider of technology for the financial services industry.
About the role
The role is a Product Owner - the person who will own the project, end-to-end, ensuring an Agile / Lean delivery and implementation of the solutions developed.
- Work closely with Product Management, Business System Analysts, UX, Development and QA to ensure requirements are interpreted correctly in detailed design specifications and in the construction of the product assigned.
- Participate in the evolution of the SDLC
- Collaborate and evangelize detailed product roadmap plans, feature details and technical dependencies with other business units and divisions
- Make product functionality decisions and compromises that deliver the maximum amount of business value into products given the inherent constraints of budgets and timeframes.
- Participate as a key stakeholder and author in the process of developing product enhancement and feature suggestions that will increase the degree to which products meet market needs.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on his/her assigned product.
- From time to time, speak to clients and internal stakeholders about areas of their expertise regarding the product.
- Participate in the creation of product launch plans and help ensure supporting product documentation exists such as- accurate sales collateral, product functionality Guides, implementation support documentation, etc.
- Understand market analysis, the business strategy and customer needs to ensure product functionality supports product management goals.
- Monitor product usage to observe trends to make data driven decisions for enhancements, new features and products.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- BS/BA qualification in a technology or business field
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a technical/software product management, technical lead or a Product Owner role is required
- Advanced software development life cycle knowledge, with particular background in Agile philosophies and methodologies
- Experience in leading product delivery (or Product Owner role), managing delivery teams distributed across the world strongly preferred
- Knowledge of financial services and technology industry products and practices would be a huge plus
- Well-developed negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with leadership skills to leverage matrix organizations
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, to concisely communicate key issues/results in a manner appropriate to the audience, including the executive level.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas as well as external entities.
- Discretion and impact of decisions: Makes key decisions that impact operational initiatives.
- Organization and time management skills: Operates independently with minimal guidance by management.
More information is available on receipt of suitable resumes. Please hit apply for consideration