Principal Quality Engineer
Principal Quality Engineer - Brisbane CBD Location - Permanent Competitive Salary
Our client urgently require a Principal Quality Engineer to specialize in the application of testing principles, practices and methodologies to the ongoing quality assurance and improvement of software projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that product development and delivery meets the highest quality standard. You will be expected to actively seek to improve the certainty and rigour around test execution and the collection of testing data and utilise automated testing techniques to increase efficiency and reliability of testing efforts in a continuous integration environment. You are required to participate in each stage of development from requirements to final acceptance and carrying out of manual tests where required.
- Provide technical leadership to design and implement test strategies; automation frameworks to support multiple existing and new products; automation practices and coding; and to mentor the technical development of QE staff in these areas.
- Provide functional leadership of the Quality Engineering process.
- Define acceptance criteria and estimate sprint QE/testing tasks
- Review and report test results, collection and reporting of test data and trends
- Attend and actively participate in scrum planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Ownership and management of test environments and configurations
- The continuous deployment of automated testing techniques to increase efficiency and reliability of testing efforts.
- Adherence to established testing methodologies and contributing to their ongoing evolution. Mentoring and assisting colleagues with these processes.
- Other duties as directed by management from time to time.
- Passionate about testing and quality!
- Experience with Cucumber framework, Java and Ruby technologies
- Previous experience testing in public cloud (Azure, AWS, etc.) is highly preferred
- Displays a cooperative spirit and works and contributes effectively within a team
- Respects different skill sets, ideas and contributions from others
- Communicates clearly and effectively within immediate team, as well as wider team
- Maintains focus on efficiency and high productivity, addressing any conflicts and obstacles that may impact completion
- Takes responsibility and is self-accountable for product quality
- Communicates precisely and clearly, lacking ambiguity
- Displays willingness to take on challenges, and flexibility towards shifting priorities
- Establishes healthy relationships based on mutual respect
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- Self-aware and an active learner
If you believe that you meet this criteria then please click apply and await for one of our consultants to give you a call. Thanks.