DW / BI Developer
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
The role's primary focus will be undertaking development activities in DW/ETL stream and leading junior developers but also an expectation of contributing to analysis, data modelling, design, testing and implementation activities.
Be an integral part of the delivery in DW/ETL and BI Applications Development as well as gain understanding of business and information requirements through engagement with stakeholders and analysis of feedback and available data; Contribute to the solution design by identifying suitable logical and physical data models; Lead the team members with contribution to data modelling and data sets implementation activities.
- Manage and track as directed the various development components of implementation projects to ensure agreed targets are achieved
- Work collaboratively with other IT functions in responding to Business requirements for delivering the projects on schedule that underpin the day to day activities of existing DW related Applications systems by successfully managing the Business requirements.
- Logical and Physical models management and documentation with focus on alignment with business requirements
- Work collaboratively with other IT functions in responding to Business requirements for delivering the projects on schedule.
- Requirement management and lead responsibilities in Oracle DW and OWB ETL area. Undertake Oracle DW and ETL coding activities as required.
- Provide active leadership to jr. team members in developing optimised data roadmaps to support strategic initiatives by demonstrating the advanced analytic skills
- Contribute to DW solutions design to ensure an enterprise approach to data structures and the efficient ETL processes
- Take responsibility through all Software Development Lifecycle Process phases to ensure data structures are modelled and designed according to architectural guidelines and guide development teams to the end of implementation, including the warranty period
- Undertake other activities delegated by Information Delivery Manager including the database development, coding and testing
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Minimum 2 years of DW experience and Data Integration projects
- Practical experience with ETL design and development
- Presentation skills
- Relational databases and SQL; Oracle database, SQL Server database and SQL
- Data modelling
- Database design