Director: Insurance Research & Ratings
The company is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, this international organization offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise.
The business delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community.
The global insurance group knows what it takes to deliver value, meaning and insightful ratings to market participants. With coverage across all areas of the insurance market including life, non-life and reinsurance, the organization applies an open and balanced approach to credit assessment. Leveraging industry data and well-tested credit metrics, the analytical process is supported by a careful mix of quantitative and qualitative factors. Our global insurance team transforms data into actionable opinions that help investors confidently evaluate risk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the analysis and research of a number of insurers, namely life / non-life (re)insurers; plus:
- Carry out financial analysis and insurance research and draft credit rating reports; responsible for full portfolio of credits and related transactions
- Lead in-depth meetings and discussions with senior management at rated insurers, with the support of experienced colleagues
- Present their credit analysis to rating committees for insurers that they are responsible for
- Participate in rating committees for other insurers and contribute to internal discussions on rating issues
- Monitor/collect specific market information to support senior management team, including market feasibility analysis on specific Asia markets and peer comparison study
- Write and publish topical market commentaries and industry reports
- represent the company externally at conferences
- Contribute to team goals with insightful research
- Plus other duties as and when required
Qualifications and experience:
Candidates must have a strong educational background including a degree and relevant Australian experience of financial analytical work relating to life and/or non-life insurance companies and markets. This experience may have been gained in a range of roles, such as working in a technical capacity within the insurance industry, actuarial consultancy, credit analysis, financial accounting or banking sector.
- Actuarial qualifications or CFA are desirable.
- The ability to conduct business fluently in English is essential; any other languages are advantageous.
- The initiative, ability and organizational skills to take responsibility for a portfolio of credits
- A questioning mind-set to identify the pertinent questions to assess an insurer's financial profile
- Attention to detail
- Data handling and interpretation
- The ability to write clearly and to explain technical concepts in simple terms
- Basic knowledge of insurance accounting and financial statements
- Understanding of - and interest in - financial metrics
- The capacity to work independently while also having a 'collegiate' approach
- The ability to cope with time pressure and