Our client are urgently requeiring a Database Administrator who will be responsible for maintaining the company's database systems including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for managing the current database system as well as any work for future state.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and of databases.
- Manage production, QA and development database environments.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- Maintain database infrastructure for the company's BI needs
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years' experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases.
- Experience with Clustering, Availability Group and SQL Replication.
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experienced in SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues and provide solutions or recommendations.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Ability to develop procedural documents and maintain detailed database related documents
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
- An ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to work as part of on-call roster.
- DevOps Engineering experience.
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with DataZen or Power BI.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases.
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres.
- A passion for sport and a keen interest in the wagering industry
If you believe that you meet the requirements for this role then please do click apply and I shall be in touch with you shortly.