We are looking for 2 x C Developers who have worked in engineering software to join a well-respected software company in French's Forest.
The selected candidates will have good written and verbal skills and have worked with core product engineering, developing software that is 100% written in C and interacts with cpu/io/memory a lot.
We don't want developers who have only worked with very low level programming (just hardware) - your experience needs to translate to building transactional systems.
- Writing and maintaining database code for an RDBMS system
- Maintenance of existing code base, including code merges, refactoring, and bug fixing.
- Reviewing and testing patches written by other team members.
A qualified candidate should have the following;
- At least 3 years of recent C programming experience. (C++/VC++/C# experiences are not counted)
- Database internals knowledge is highly desirable. Alternatively, experience with storage software, memory management tools development, transaction controls will be valuable.
- Strong experience with various C development tools for debugger, profiler, etc. in a Linux environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and writing.
If you have worked with open source tools and actively contributed to the development of these open source tools, that will be an added bonus.
Also those with experience working in developing (not using for their applications) some database such as Oracle/MySQL/Sybase/PostgreSQL/DB2 etc. or such related software (storage manager, transaction systems, etc) will also be highly regarded.
Apply now or call Matt Kirk on 0292486210 for more information.
Australian experience is not required.
This is a contract role that will have multiple extensions - some of my contractors have been there for 3 years!