Business Analyst/Project Manager
Our client is one of the world's largest privately-owned construction solution providers with operations in the UK and Europe, Australasia, Middle East and Canada.
Currently they are seeking an experienced Business Analyst transitioning (or looking to transition) into Project Management to join our Sydney based Information Technology team on a full time basis.
About the role:
This position is responsible to research processes, applications, systems and data to identify functional requirements for application or system design. To identify business processes that can be improved and consults with customers to clarify and refine requirements. Interprets and translates requirements into functional specifications. Develops and executes tests to validate system functionality against specifications. Manages small to medium projects to deliver on business requirements. The role will generally be split 60% business analysis and 40% project management tasks.
- Research and analysis of existing applications, system data, business processes and constraints.
- Conducts routine analysis of information gathered to correctly identify the problem/request and review with management as appropriate.
- Assists in the development of alternative solutions to define boundaries of the problem/request and estimate effort.
- Assists customers in clarifying requirements by reviewing business needs for software applications.
- Ability to map current state and future state process models.
- Translates routine business requirements into written functional specifications. Updates existing specification documents. Participates in the review of technical specifications to receive approval.
- Assists in developing test plans and scripts of moderate complexity to validate that system functionality meets business requirements. Executes test scripts based on the test plan. Documents and communicates test results. Supports compliance standards for testing, approvals, migration and implementation.
- Analyses user issues and requests in assigned areas of responsibility by documenting, validating, researching potential solutions and resolving service requests for resolution of issues.
- Researches, documents and delivers high quality business cases in conjunction with SME's.
- Lead the successful delivery of diverse small to medium scale projects from concept to support within time, budgetary, resourcing and scope constraints
- Provide timely and accurate information and reports specific to the performance of projects
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with project stakeholders
You must have:
- At least 1 - 2 year related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to conduct systems analysis in a complex business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports to identify issues, discuss options and recommend actions.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills that facilitates interaction between IT team members and key internal and external customer/stakeholder groups and users.
- IT degree (or similar) is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of business systems and applications used across a large and complex business environment.
- Project co-ordination and/or project management experience, or a strong desire to develop in this space
- Certification or knowledge of ITIL processes would be advantageous
- Experience with the Microsoft Dynamics (CRM or 365) platform highly advantageous
The successful candidate will be working with internal resources from the UK and Australia. At times there may be the need to visit project sites throughout Australia, therefore you will need to be flexible with their working hours and available for early evening meetings during the week as required.
Please hit apply to be considered for this opportunity and you will shortly be contacted if you are shortlisted otherwise your CV will be retained on file and we will be in touch for any other suitable roles.