Windows Administrator / Engineer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
Reporting directly to the Platform Services Manager you will join a team who are responsible for the management of our Windows and Virtual server environment, including build and deployment mechanisms, monitoring and support and whilst working closely with the regional offices and the Head office in the U.S.
Ensuring our Solutions are effective, fast and have a minimal chance of failure. We are always looking to identify potential problems so we can create solutions before issues occur.
In the role you will:
- Management of the Windows and Virtual server environment, including build and deployment mechanisms, monitoring and support
- Interact directly with the business units to improve the trading applications and backend systems on which they depend
- Ensure Solutions are effective, fast and have a very low chance of failure. We are always looking to identify potential problems so we can create solutions before issues occur
- Assist in management of the desktop environment, including build, design and support
- Collaborate and communicate with colleagues to provide business support and solutions
- Form strategic plans for infrastructure relating to Microsoft solutions
- Our Engineers tackle a variety of responsibilities. You will remain hands on and work in a challenging environment regardless of whether the task is creating a script, customising a build template, fixing a bottleneck, or researching a new project
- Management of capacity and growth of systems and services
- Some (but not regular) after hours and on call work.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- 7+ years' engineering experience specialising on Windows and Virtual environments
- Solid understanding of Windows operating system, Virtual technology and server hardware, storage and networking concepts
- Experience VMware vSphere essential and Citrix Virtual Apps (XenApp) preferred
- Experience with Microsoft technologies; Windows, Active Directory, Group Policies, O365 etc
- Able to engineer deployment systems and configuration management via tools such as PowerShell
- Great problem solving ability and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Hands-on, energetic and enthusiastic
Feel free to visit the Sig Culture page to learn what it's like to work in various roles in SIG.