Trade Finance Officer - Bank Guarantees
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client, a global bank based in the CBD, are looking for an experienced Trade Finance & Guarantees Officer, due to expansion of their client portfolio.
As a Trade Finance & Guarantees officer, you will be preparing and checking bank guarantees, including end to end review, to ensure potential risks are raised and mitigated. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Issuing Domestic and International Bank Guarantees for corporate clients, as well as Standby Letters of Credit
- Full wording review, addressing all ambiguities and contradictions
- Ensuring controls are in place and guarantees adhere to internal policies, checklists, branch SOP, Credit Risk Authorisations, and specified client conditions
- Instructing back office teams to process new/amended guarantees
- Checking accuracy of issuance fees and commissions, reconciling guarantee commission calculations and adjusting errors.
- Chasing overdue fees and commissions within agreed time lines
- Responding to client queries whilst demonstrating a high level of client service at all times
- Supporting Trade Finance and Supply Chain areas
The ideal person will have/be:
- Confident in liaising with Relationship Managers, Analysts, internal/external stakeholders, Legal Counsel and other internal teams
- High understanding of Uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees and correct structuring
- Understanding of Australian and global banking regulatory and compliance environments
- 3+ years' proven knowledge and experience of Bank Guarantee documentation processing
- Controls and Operational Risk experience
- Desirable; knowledge of general banking products & AML/CTF controls.
Please apply now if the above sounds like you. Applicants without the above experience will not be considered/contacted.