|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Writer to join the data team of this leading finance company. This role would see you work with the team to clearly, concisely & accurately communicate complex project information and documentation.
- Write conceptual overviews, procedures & support documentations.
- Document hardware requirements, firmware specifications and end-to-end technical integration tools and procedures.
- Be involved in writing projects from planning through to completion, including reviewing, editing, and rewriting copies, providing edits as necessary.
- Set and ensure document standards are organised and follow a logical order, structure, presentation, illustration, comprehensibility, completeness correctness.
- Use rule-based editing to make a document correct, consistent, accurate, and complete through spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, hyphenation,
- Ensure documents adhere to internal templates and consistency (design, typography, layout and illustrations).
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines; English, Communications, Journalism, technology or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience in researching and writing documentation in either disaster recovery, applications, storages, fault matrix.
- Experience communicating complex information clearly, concisely and accurately
- Deep knowledge & experience of software/hardware development tools, practices
Skills & Behaviours:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Actively participate & ensure 100% completion within agreed timeframes
- Ability to view problems from an engineering perspective.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills and can quickly understand and communicate complex technical information
- Highly motivated with a personal interest in technology and technical writing.
- Self-starter who constructively challenges and reassesses status quo
- Disciplined planning and follow up
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong action orientation to deliver accurate outcomes to tight timelines
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Make safety a priority and champion a safety culture with the team
- Contribute to team culture and engagement plans