|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$70.00 - AU$72.50 per hour|
A large Queensland Government agency is looking for a Technical Tester to assist with integration and system testing on a 4-month Contract through to 30th June.
Reporting to the Team Leader your responsibilities will include:
- Analyse functionality of existing applications.
- Creation and maintenance of test cases based on analysis.
- Application testing - test plans, test executions, results and reports.
- Defect tracking and resolution.
- Ensuring that deliverables are prioritised and completed within the specified timeframes
- Active participation in team meetings and process improvement
- Application testing experience, including:
- Creation of test specifications based on User Stories
- Testing utilising both automated and manual software testing processes
- Creation of test summary reporting documentation
- Creation and execution of SQL queries against databases using SQuirreL or similar query products
- Creation of test automation both through capture/record and coding of tests
- Good communication skills including an ability to:
- Provide concise, accurate reporting for analysis and test/defect management and
- Provide well structured, unambiguous and concise support documentation.
- Self-motivated with the confidence to seek out answers from colleagues and through self-directed learning
- Ability to meet project deadlines with good time management and effective prioritization skills
- Adaptable and flexible, able to come up speed fast
- Demonstrated ability to capture information for existing systems and functionality and apply this information to test cases and testing.
- Demonstrated experience in effective defect/issue creation and tracking.
Highly Desirable Skills
- An understanding of, and some exposure to, working using Agile Project development methodologies
- Testing certifications e.g. ISTQB.
- Application development experience preferably with Java, Angular environments
If this sounds like your next career move, then click "Apply Now" to submit your resume. Applications close Thursday 4th March