Tax Accountant / Investment Operations - Global Fund Manager
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$100000.00 - AU$130000.00 per annum|
My client is a worldwide financial institution who have made a name for themselves as one of Melbourne's 'must work for' employers. Globally, they have hundreds of billions under management and a relentless drive to provide exceptional service to their clients. Their culture is based on honesty and integrity and they have a history of providing their employees with exceptional opportunities for career progression.
Due to a continued strong performance and increased trading volumes, they currently seek an experienced tax and investment operations specialist to fill an immediate need within the organisation. This is an expanding business unit and a diverse and highly technical role. Not only will it offer a fantastic, immediate challenge, but you will also be well placed for future growth within the organisation.
- Assist in the oversight of the Funds distribution process & financial statement preparation.
- Assist in the oversight & review of Tax Accounting & Tax Compliance matters for all Funds.
- Provide specialist tax advice & commentary.
- Ensure trade and cash processing, liquidity management, client cashflows, unit pricing, investment reporting, reconciliations and data reporting is managed and maintained at all times.
- Provide and promote a strong daily control function at all times. Assist in the management and resolution of incidents/errors on a best practice basis.
- Participate and assist in global / domestic projects in line with business strategies & objectives.
- CA or CPA qualified
- Previous experience in tax / fund accounting, unit pricing & investment operations.
- Experience in reviewing new tax legislation and analysing its impact on funds
- Proven stakeholder management and problem-solving abilities gained through experience in dealing with outsourced third party providers (Custodians and Administrators)
- A professional attitude with the confidence to take ownership of your work.
- Strong teamwork skills.
To be considered for these roles please apply via this website. I will then provide you with feedback as soon as possible.
Senior consultant - Banking & Financial Services