Software Engineer - Java
This Global Leader in the Financial Services Industry are at the forefront of technological advances within their field. Ensuring employees are part of their evolving journey, changing their lives in a positive and collaborative way. With an ever-growing pipeline of work, they require an experience Java Software Engineer to work in their development team to design and develop Java software for distributed, highly available systems where performance is critical.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical expertise for payment applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with company standards, processes and best practices.
- Contribute to the day to day system development activities of the team to create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, quality and faster time to market.
- From time to time, investigate and troubleshoot customer reported issues and propose solutions which meet customer requirements along with architectural and business requirements.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
- Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Develop a deep understanding of the industry and how it operates.
- Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure successful production deployment of software.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive current experience in Java development or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
- Experience developing or maintaining distributed large-scale Java code and/or web user interfaces is a must.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a challenging environment where quick learning is key.
- Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
- Understanding of Secure Coding Principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrate experience in delivering innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies.
- Must have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment for time to time as per business demand.
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written; and strong collaborative skills.
If you are an experienced Java Software Engineer ready to grasp the next challenge in your career, click 'Apply' to submit your up to date resume.