Site Reliability Engineer
Are you an Automation specialist and believe everything can be automated and want to work for an organisation where they do genuinely look to automate?
One of our most sought after clients to work with is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join their team.
There are a lot of projects they are currently working on and have in the pipeline, so the possibilities of what to come are endless.
Also you will be working within a team that genuinely have a great culture, that have work life balance!
This is a 12 month contract on a daily rate!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
* Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
* Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
* Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
* Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
* Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead in DevOps automation and best practices.
* Design, implement, and enhance our deployment automation based on Chef. We need proven experience writing chef recipes/cookbooks as well as designing and implementing an overall Chef based release and deployment process.
* Use Jenkins to orchestrate builds as well as link to Sonar, Chef, Puppet, Maven, Artifactory, Splunk, Datadog, Dynatrace etc. to build out the CI/CD pipeline.
* Support deployments of code into multiple lower environments. Supporting current processes needed with an emphasis on automating everything as soon as possible.
* Design and implement a Git based code management strategy that will support multiple environment deployments in parallel. Experience with automation for branch management, code promotions, and version management is a plus.
Experience and attributes:
* Problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and drive
* Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine task.
* Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
* An appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation.
- Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
To apply for immediate consideration, please APPLY NOW in word format.