Senior Test Analyst - BI Specialist
This large government department is responsible for providing a contemporary reporting solution that enabler agile delivery of data and reporting products in an online and interactive environment. With the new product under development they require a Senior Test Analyst (BI Specialist) to work collaboratively with the development team to determine optimal test coverage and ensure high quality software is delivered to customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and help define the test strategy/plans.
- Prepare and execute test scripts based on test strategy/plans. Manual testing as needed to understand automation need and potential.
- Assist Scrum team in enabling automated testing of an application to ensure that business, technical and functional requirements are being met each sprint.
- Test the ETL Process of loading the data into target tables to ensure the transformations are performed according to business rules.
- Validate data in target tables by creating and executing SQL queries
- Validate calculations performed in tabular model and test Power BI visuals.
- Preliminary knowledge of cloud components is beneficial
- Have good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong team player with a positive engagement style
As the successful incumbent you will have the ability to create test plans, test design and test scripts as well as having excellent understanding of TSQL syntax and advanced usage of it. You will have developed strong skills in various ETL patterns testing scenarios along with testing of PBI dashboards / SSRS reports as per specifications. Having the ability to analyse data sources, perform data modelling and cleansing will be highly important as well as having working knowledge of general systems and application development.
You will be offered a daily rate of up to $600 p/day + Super for an initial 5-month contract with the view to be extended for a further 6 months.
If you are available to pursue the next challenge in your career click 'Apply' and submit an up-to-date resume