Senior Supplier Development Engineer
This global organisation is at the forefront of providing scalable solutions and hardware for IoT allowing their customers to be market leaders in their industry. Based on the south side of Brisbane, their local operations are looking to further expand by introducing a Senior Supplier Development Engineer who will be responsible for transitioning new products into manufacturing. This includes attaining high yields at test. The position performs first articles, supplier evaluations, supplier selection / approvals, supplier maintenance, and supplier improvement/development activities and schedule execution to hit ATS objectives.
As an integral member of the supply chain team, this position partners with supply chain management, planning and engineering in selecting and managing the supply base and driving supplier improvement activities (design, process, component, yield, etc.), initiatives to support product development, order fulfillment and business objectives. This position requires knowledge of electronic production requirements, including IPC standards, Control Plans and PPAP tools.
The position performs at high-levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Serve as the primary technical interface between the business and the supply chain (subcontractors, suppliers, ODMs and service providers)
- Influence and manage new product introductions and supply chain processes to meet yield (process and test), delivery and cost targets utilizing APQP or PPAP tools.
- Mitigate risks from supplier product, schedule, yield or process change requests.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop and implement standards and methods for processing, testing, validation and other activities targeting for yield, capacity, delivery and/or value improvements.
- Partner with Supply Chain/Planning, and Engineering to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of supplier yields, resolution of nonconforming material issues, and reduced and alternate inspection opportunities (dock-to-stock, skip lot inspections, etc.).
- Build and maintain effective cross-functional relationships with suppliers and internal departments, including supply chain/planning, engineering and incoming inspection.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and identify internal and external resource needs for timely execution of projects and issue resolution within the supply base.
- Identify and monitor supply chain KPI's that are aligned with supply chain strategic needs.
- Perform supply base audits of the process, capability and capacity. Support internal audits for Certifications.
- Follow-up on corrective and preventive actions related to supplier audit findings, nonconforming product / material, and overall supplier performance to ensure effective resolutions and timely closure.
- Assist in the development, approval, and maintenance of material specifications, supplier requirements / instructions, internal quality assurance procedures, supplier agreements, and supplier documentation (e. g., control plans, work instructions, flow charts, test, reports, FMEAs, etc.)
- Contribute to the Company culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high-achieving.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Engineering- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. (12 years with A.S, 5 years with B.S., 3 years with M.S.)
- Design Engineering, Manufacturing, and or Quality Assurance experience
- Working knowledge in three of any of the commodities below
- Printed Wiring Board fabrication per IPC-6012 and IPC-A-600 or equivalent
- Circuit Card Assembly IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 or equivalent
- Cable and Wire Harness per IPC/WHMA-A-A620 or equivalent
- Metal Enclosure fabrication, painting, powder coating and silk screening
- Casting fabrication, painting and powder coating and silk screening
- Plastic fabrication, painting and silk screening
- Electronic Enclosure assembly and test.
- Project management skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- International experience preferred
- 25-30% travel.
If you are looking for a new challenge in 2020 and eager to work with an industry leading team and ready to enhance your career, click 'Apply Now' and submit your up-to-date resume.