Senior Software Engineer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||Up to AU$0.00 per annum|
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with excellent skills in Java but also good skills in .Net for a 6 month contract in which you will mostly be working with Java stack but will have some responsibilities working with .NET components from time to time, and could be 30% of the time. You do not have to be an expert in .NET for this role.
This is working in one of the most successful digital banks in Australia.
We are looking for people who describe themselves as "Software Engineers" not "Java Developer" - i.e. can work with several technologies to produce high quality systems - in several areas as needed.
A strong Unix background would be highly advantageous but is not a requirement.
- Solid experience (8+ years) in Java and Object Oriented Software. This includes coding, but also some evidence of class design e.t.c. is desirable
- Java EE / Web Development experience also (besides core Java) - EJB3 or Expertise in Spring core
- Experience with Java EE or Web Containers (JBoss / Tomcat preferably) - including how to run them and basic configuration
- Solid Experience in Web Services and Distributed Systems. SOAP is required - Experience with REST and APIs would be highly regarded
- Experience working in Agile Environments, working on Stories, and within a scrum team with accountability to complete features + the testing related to them - Teamwork is a MUST
- Experience working on large distributed applications
- Demonstrable experience in Unit Testing Principles and Continuous Integration, as part of delivering high quality software
- Demonstrable commitment to ongoing learning, keeping up to date with technology and an interest of helping teams improve
- Source Control: Solid experience with GIT (and maybe knowledge of SVN source control)
- Good Knowledge of SQL and working with relational databases
- Strong in OO Design including Design Patterns
- Intermediate Knowledge on CI/CD Pipelines and Deployments - with some knowledge of how to set them up (not just using them) == Jenkins / Bamboo / TFS
- Some experience in helping to plan and execute sprints - and strong experience in Agile Environments
- For Senior Roles: The ability to work on a few things in parallel (i.e. a few responsibilities at once) and plan their own time: we are a fast and complex environment, and rarely does any Senior team member get to just focus on only one thing at a time!
- Some experience with later versions of Java (e.g. v7 or v8) - and more recent development in Spring (e.g. Spring BOOT)
- Experience with Integration Frameworks: E.g. Mule, Apache Camel or Spring Integration would be highly regarded.
- Some experience in Production Support work - Investigation, Triage and Resolution of issues into PROD ç and scripting e.g. bash scripting
Please apply now for further details.