Senior Software Engineer
|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
About the role:
Are you a problem solver and love to take on challenging opportunities? Do you enjoy working in a high-energy, diverse and collaborative team? Yes? Then keep on reading..
I have partnered with a large global technology company to find them a Senior Java Development professional who can utilise their expertise in designing Java software for distributed, highly available systems, where system performance is critical.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise for client's applications, which include secure, mission critical systems.
- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements as per the client's standards, processes and best practices.
- Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
- Perform system maintenance, incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer reported issues and propose solutions which meet customer requirements along with architectural and business requirements.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
- Perform Quality Inspections and walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with the client's standards
- Mentor and guide less experienced developers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer or related field
- Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies
- Experience developing large scale Java code and/or web user interfaces with microservice experience
- Current experience in delivering innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies
- Must be a high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive person and possess the ability to work effectively under pressure in an independent environment
- Must have strong collaborative and organizational skills and loves working on challenges
- Ability to learn quickly and be very resourceful
If this sounds like your next career move, then click "Apply Now" to submit your resume.