Senior Operational Risk and Compliance Manager
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client is a market leading Financial Services platform, who work with within a number of industries. This role has come about due to internal movements, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to work within Operational Risk & Compliance covering 2nd line Risk. You will work to provide hands on leadership, engagement and delivery across the GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) division.
The GRC team plays a crucial role providing a decision-making framework and assurance ensuring the material risks/obligations, opportunities and investment decisions across the business are managed and monitored in a way that balances business benefit, cost and the delivery pipeline. Initially this will be a 6 month contract, with a view for extension.
The Senior Operational Risk & Compliance Manager role exists to provide hands on leadership, engagement and delivery across the entire GRC Portfolio, but specifically focusing on ensuring the policies/frameworks, systems and core processes supporting GRC's core capabilities and subsequent outputs in the form of management reporting are 'Fit for Purpose'.
Key requirements include playing a key role in uplifting the maturity of Business. The frameworks, ongoing enhancement and utilization of the GRC System and increasing enterprise awareness and appreciation of GRC playing a key role in helping the Executive team and the Board achieve its business strategies and objectives. This also includes uplifting capability within the GRC Team. A key element in achieving these objectives will be enhancing the overall culture towards risk in the organisation.
- Translate the framework requirements into the GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance) System.
- Oversee/lead the preparation of Executive, Audit & Risk Committee and Board GRC Reports and materials.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of all GRC reporting.
- Support the business with Investment Case proposals in the form of completion of balanced risk assessments.
- Support the EGM (Executive General Manager) and GRC in any compliance and regulatory related activities.
- Enhance the overall culture towards Risk across the organisation.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience in operational risk and compliance in a Financial Services, Mortgages or Technology environment.
- An understanding of ISO31000 or ISO27001 requirements.
- Ability to deliver multiple initiatives/projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Analytical mind and excellent problem solving skills, able to interpret complex regulatory policy and establish solutions for its implementation and fast adoption.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, able to work within a constantly changing business whilst maintaining essential independence.
- Excellent academic background.
If this role appeals to you, please apply or contact Ryan Griffin on 03 8629 1003 for a confidential discussion.