Senior Network Engineering Specialist
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$140000 - AU$160000 per annum|
Join a leading telecommunications organisation, to provide and lead specialist analysis, design, development and deployment in Wi-Fi network specific technology domains, including developing platform specific technology roadmaps and making technology investment recommendations, having due regard for how this technology inter-works with other technologies, to deliver products and infrastructure to defined service level standards.
This role reports in to the Principle Network Specialist - Defence -where you will produce the Wi-Fi network designs for the Defence and other government organisations through detailing the Technical Solution to meet Defence and other government agency requirements. This role is responsible for the End-to-End Technical delivery of Wi-Fi networks.
- Design, build, install, integrate and maintain multiple complex network technologies, platforms and/or systems and their interaction with processes and systems to deliver products and services to customer business units
- Translate customer (internal, external or regulatory) needs and requirements, using technical principles into realisable products, services, or systems and/or networks infrastructure in a timely, quality and cost effective way to ensure operate
- Assess capability of vendor solutions and offerings to meet business requirements and manage vendor technology delivery.
- Make technology investment and business asset recommendations and assessments based on extensive knowledge of new and emerging technologies.
- Develop platform specific technology roadmaps that leverage opportunities from evolving and future technologies
- HSE Responsibility: Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support the organisation to meet its duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation.
All about you:
- Demonstrated ability to quickly recover from setbacks and applying mindset and behavioural agility to deliver business outcomes in a complex and ambiguous environment
- Customer engagement - Working to create a simple and brilliant experience across all of our interactions
- Driving a culture of accountability in the organisations people and teams to ensure to meet customers' needs and deliver what is set out to achieve
- Collaborate with the business and customer to design security architecture that meets requirements and implements associated controls
- Builds systems that install, configure, deploy and monitor network solutions, ensuring effective integration and automation
- Translates requirements into a flexible, customer focused and cost-effective network or solution architecture that meets current and future needs
- Migrate legacy networks and solutions to new networks and solutions seamlessly, with minimal impact to the customer
- Create systems that monitor and optimise network solution performance across the lifecycle to enable optimal use and outcomes for the end user or customer
- Establishing and managing strategic relationships with vendors to realise opportunities and commercial value for the benefit of the organisation
- Australian Government Security Clearance (hold or be able to)
- Ideal candidates should have one or more of the following certifications: CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Wireless, Juniper Enterprise Routing and Switching, Certified Wireless Specialist, Certified Wireless Technology Specialist or Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
- 7+ plus years of overall IT Network experience in the following areas: - Networking, Wi-Fi, Security and encryption technologies.
If you are looking for the next challenging but rewarding role and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply directly now!