This role reports to the Senior Systems Engineer - Global Data Centres in Sydney, with responsibilities including assisting with design, implementation, administration and monitoring of all networking systems.
This will encompass all regions and operating divisions, with focus and priority on the organisations global data centres, and high level network services.
The role will also work closely with other IT infrastructure and operations roles, both locally and in regional locations, providing a technical point of escalation and ensuring standardisation and consistent processes are followed and maintained.
- Primary escalation point for networking related work and enquiries.
- Maintenance and upkeep of existing network infrastructure and services globally (WIFI, LAN, WAN, MPLS, P2P VPN, SIP and VOIP).
- Upgrade and replace network components and solutions where necessary to increase performance, fault tolerance, and high availability of network functions.
- Respond and plan for service outages related to network infrastructure and services.
- Research and integrate new technologies into existing network infrastructure and services, including both on premises and cloud technologies.
- Limited systems architecture and design for network infrastructure and services.
- Problem management and root cause analysis for network infrastructure and services.
- Systems analysis and capacity planning for network infrastructure and services.
- Provide leadership and strategy on assigned projects, including in-depth design, development and operations support of network infrastructure and services.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to divisional processes and technology solutions.
- Design, document and implement network deployments as required.
- Provide implementation support of network infrastructure and services as required.
- Perform troubleshooting and remediation as required.
- Perform tuning and performance monitoring.
- Interact with business units and vendors to research and design solutions with new technologies.
- Ensure all network infrastructure and services are actively monitored by the monitoring system.
- Provide technical escalation support for regional Infrastructure Managers as required.
- Work alongside existing Corporate and Regional IT Infrastructure/Operations staff to facilitate above.
- IT Networking industry qualification (CCNA, CCNP, JNCIE-ENT etc).
- 5+ years in networking admin/engineer position.
- Previous experience working in a global organisation.
- Previous experience with cloud, solution and infrastructure projects.
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, MPLS, P2P VPN, SIP, VOIP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, WIFI.
- Understanding of collocated datacentre networking and environments.
- Understanding and experience working with cloud infrastructure and services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Administering and/or working with virtualized environments, VMWare or HyperV.
- Administering and/or working with Dell, Cisco, HP and Meraki network hardware.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and timelines effectively.
If you are looking for the next challenging but rewarding role working in a global organisation, and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply now!