Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant (New position)
About The Role
Central figure in managing the day to day accounting, analysis and reporting across the business. The role will be responsible for the month-end close as well as assist in the preparation of the annual (year-end) (GPFR RDR) financial statements and other statutory reporting requirements such as tax returns, FBT, BAS's etc.
The role will also manage the audit process and help in the implementation and improvement of accounting processes, procedures and controls. On a daily basis, your responsibilities will be to ensure internal controls are robust and the integrity of the financial statements are in accordance with IFRS/AASB.
Being a newly created position, this Senior Financial Accountant will be involved in significant project work to assist with the group's strong growth period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and control of the General Ledger and Cost Centres across the Group
- Month end close including preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, provisions, acquisition accounting as well as monthly management reporting
- Preparation; review of transactional information to ensure all information is captured and reported;
- Prepares internal recharge documents and accounting papers
- Oversee best practice process and procedure development, system review and projects
- Assist the FC with managing Accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management and control, fixed asset accounting, inventory control
- Preparation of all PAYG, BAS, GST and FBT returns
- Preparation of Taxation returns include tax affect accounting
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements and managing the annual audit process.
- Business partnering and participation in project work to support management objectives
- Qualified member of CA or CPA
- Big 4 background preferred
- 5+ years post qualification exposure in an Australian accounting environment highly desirable.
- Exposure to NetSuite, Tableau (preferred)
- Exposure to acquisition accounting, capex and inventory control
- Experience in the practical application of accounting standards.
- Experience in annual report and year-end financial statements preparation
- Managed audit requirements and has worked with auditors
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter, excited to work for a rapidly growing business and enjoy the challenge of recommending and implementing process improvements to drive organisational change
- You will have outstanding communication skills and be confident in building relationships with all levels of the organisation
- You are currently in a role where you are empowered and relied upon and confident to make decisions on accounting treatment within the business
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking for a fresh challenge in a fast paced and complex environment
Positive attitude, cultural fit and good sense of humour is a must