Senior Finance Analyst
|Location:||Sydney Airport, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Accounting & Finance|
Work for an iconic Sydney company that offers a dynamic, complex and fast paced environment with dedicated people with a focus on continually improving and value working cross functionally and collaboratively over hierarchy.
Support the Finance and Analysis Manager with responsibility for the efficient production and distribution of all financial, performance and operational analysis.It is also responsible for business case and commercial analysis to add insight and value into business unit growth and success.
The Finance team plays an important role, both in a standalone capacity and by providing cross functional support to other business units. Finance comprises multiple functions - Investor Relations, Financial Control, Financial Planning and Analytics, Budgeting, Billing, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Treasury, Commercial and Procurement. They adopt a business partner model and there are Finance members integrated across the key business units.
The Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Finance and Analysis Manager and has no direct reports.
- Provision of analytical support to the Business Units to assist management in understanding the dynamics of the business, the trends and the reasons for those trends. In addition, this support may also include tasks such as business case development (including DCF and various sensitivities), operating cost reviews and pricing models.
- Provide analytical insights based on the financial and operational data to allow the Business Unit to understand the business, underlying drivers, trends and key items. Aid in providing actions and solutions based on this analysis and information.
- Provision of commercial support to the Business Unit in the contract renewal process including financial analysis, tender assessment and provision of supporting data for relevant approval documents (e.g. Board papers, CEO memos).
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including journal entries, accruals and General Ledger reconciliations for the Business Units.
- Preparation of monthly reports on business performance, trends and KPIs (Revenue & Opex).
- Preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts (Revenue & Opex). The budget is a bottom up build by activity driver.
- Capex analysis and reporting
- Establish close working relationships with, and, on an as-needed basis provide support to, other Finance groups with regards to matters of mutual interest including monthly results, accruals, reconciliations, regulatory reporting and external reporting.
- Active involvement in the operation and future development of IT systems in order to integrate and produce meaningful reports
- Chartered Accountant, or similar qualification
- Extensive Financial Analyst experience
- Experience dealing with investment and valuation matters - understanding of valuation methods, tools and calculations (eg DCF, IRR, EV, and cost of capital)
- Previous experience with end of month reporting procedures and processes in a corporate environment
- Strong financial understanding and the ability to analyse data and draw out meaningful insights that drive strategic outcomes
- Ability to easily and effectively communicate with senior management and all levels of an organisation
If you would like to have a further confidential discussion, please contact Bo Campbell
02 9249 5035