|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$90000 - AU$150000 per annum|
A unique opportunity has arisen with a leading Financial services firm. They are beginning a huge recrutiment drive in Sydney, and will be looking to hire 20 or more developers by the end of the year.
Due to the variety of projects we are looking for Java, C++, C# and Python developers.
The role requires strong analytical skills, communication skills, as well as excellent programming skills.
How will you fulfill your potential?
Technology is very close to the business, so the learning opportunities are immense. You will develop both technical and non-technical skills through a combination of challenging projects in a real-time distributed system
As a key developer on the Technology team, you will be at the forefront of various revenue-driven technology builds. You may be working on a data-driven initiative to optimize decision making across multiple aspects of firm's synthetic products offering. You may be building a cutting edge technology stack that utilizes vital franchise data to suggest potential netting strategies, inventory management ideas, funding optimizations, as well as improving our ability to capture and visualize trade flows.
You will work in a team of highly capable, experienced developers which encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust, reliable software. This position provides the opportunity to progress to a leadership role.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years technology experience in a commercial environment
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills (C++, Java, or other OO technology)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
- Automated testing and Test-Driven development skills will be a plus
- Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
- Interests in financial markets knowledge and aptitude to learn
- Willingness to work on new language and platform
- Highly motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure without compromising development processes
- Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Possess client-facing skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with the business and other technology groups, both from a support and day to day project work perspective.
This is an awesome opportunity for one of the biggest financial companies in the world - apply now for further details.