Senior DevOps Engineer x 2
This Global Leader in the Financial Services Industry are at the forefront of technological advances within their field. They ensure employees are part of their evolving journey, changing their lives in a positive and collaborative way.
Driving DevOps transformation across the business, the Business Operations team require 2 x Senior DevOps Engineers to solve problems, build automation CI/CD pipelines, lead DevOps automation and best practice across the organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Business Operations your responsibilities will include:
- Continuously Improve Build and Deploy Processes by automating associated activities, along with related tools and processes.
- Manage the Continuous Integration and Delivery Tool Chain including source code repositories, artefact repository, continuous integration, and configuration management tools.
- Provide Build and Deploy automation-related assistance by driving the establishment of guidelines, best practices and standards for automating software builds and deployment.
- Help set up foundations for Cloud based applications.
- Health measurement, monitoring and non-production operational support of large numbers of distributed Linux environments.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
- Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event through the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimise mean time to recover.
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Passionate about DevOps fundamentals including continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Experience with containers and cloud-based technologies.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to help debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience managing stakeholders including dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency when required.
- Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Groovy, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience in a variety of the following technologies: Git, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, Chef, Insec, Puppet, Slunk, Dynatrace, Datadog, Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, BigIP F5
- Interest in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- An appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation.
- Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth.
If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer ready to grasp the next challenge in your career, click 'Apply' to submit your up to date resume. For further information contact Mitchell Pendleton on (07) 3020 0315.