Senior DevOps Engineer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
This is a fantastic opportunity to be working within one of Australia's Big Four Banks, on a long term project building their DevOps capability. My client is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a newly created, collaborative team to consult, mentor, promote, design, build and implement development pipelines.
You will be required to:
- Design and continuously improve the tools and processes that automate the flow of code through these pipelines (CI) and automate the testing and deployment of apps through these pipelines (CD).
- Advise product/ project teams across the organisation on the principles of CD and DevOps with an advocacy for open-source.
- Work autonomously to a vision with tight deadlines using lean-agile methods.
- Understand the importance of producing and maintaining high quality code with immutability as a core principle.
- Collaborate and influence a wide variety of colleagues and teams at vastly differing levels of engineering maturity.
- Break down deeply ingrained status-quo culture to drive shared outcomes in a complex enterprise environment.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience across CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo
- Experience with configuration management tools ie. Chef/Puppet/Ansible
- Ability to read and write scripts in languages such as PowerShell, shell, bat, python to automate repeatable manual steps
- A deep technical understanding of software development
- Experience of implementing open-source in large complex enterprises.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing enterprise level branching paradigms to support highly complex development and release cycles.
- Experience in the consultation, build and execution of roadmaps for the re-architecting of large, highly complex enterprise apps for cloud (12 factor etc).
- Strong scripting skills on both a Windows and UNIX platform
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to take on a new challenge in a leading organisation; if this sounds like a role that you are interested in, don't hesitate to apply now or contact Katie on 02 9248 6266 for a confidential discussion.