Senior Desktop Specialist
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$90000.00 - AU$110000.00 per annum|
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Desktop Specialist to join a collaborative, high performing team and be actively involved in a strategic project to refresh hardware, implement SCCM Current Branch and deploy Windows 10. You will have a strong understanding of SCCM Current Branch, Application Management including App-V technologies and packaging, Active Directory, Group Policy, Follow-Me Printing Infrastructure and the Microsoft Office Suite (2013 and O365). The role will be combination of operational and project-based tasks, so the ability to effectively prioritise and manage your time is a key component for this position.
- Troubleshooting and resolving escalated issues from the Service Desk.
- Designing, developing, testing and releasing the SOE for desktops and notebooks.
- Configuring, supporting and maintaining Active Directory Group Policy in relation to the workstation environment.
- Software packaging and distrubution to all desktops and notebooks.
- Support of printing devices, as well as initial installation.
- Managing, supporting and maintaining the suite of Office Templates and Macros
- Identifying the need for vendor escalation if a resolution cannot be found, and managing the case with a vendor to reach a speedy resolution.
- Degree in technology related discipline
- Industry certifications (MCSA etc) and ITIL Certification
- Experience in a professional or financial services environment; including experience with legal office based technologies ( ie. document creation and comparison tools)
- Senior level knowledge of overall desktop troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 / Microsoft Office 2013 / O365
- Proven experience in SOE deployment with Windows 10
- Experience with SCCM Current Branch/ Scripting (PowerShell) / Install Shield packaging skills (preferred) and App-V
- Experience with administering Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop environments
- Experience with Microsoft Office development technologies such as VSTO, Visual Basic or C#
- Experience with Follow Me Printing Technologies
- Solid networking understanding
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
To be considered for this position please click the 'APPLY NOW'; or for more information please contact Katie Rutter at .