Senior Database Engineer
||St Leonards, New South Wales
About the company:
My client is a leader in vehicle leasing and fleet management in Australia and New Zealand.
About your role:
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for databases. Create and maintain technical documentation related to the project.
- Design data table structures, forms, reports, and queries. Develop and maintain database stored procedures, views and functions. Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Assess requirements for completeness and accuracy.
- Conduct impact assessment and determine the size of effort based on requirements.
- Identify, recommend and implement ETL process and architecture improvements.
- At least 3+ years of experience as a Database Engineer, Data Engineer, DBA, SQL Developer, or similar position.
- Exposure to Data Warehouse architecture and administration and understand ETL best practices and methodology.
- Have the ability to write SQL queries and DB Schema Designing (Modelling DB)
- Optimize procedures, functions; previous work experience with triggers is desired
- Exposure in Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL environments
- Understanding of the ETL process and transformation of data in real time
- Worked with Data Integration Tools (MS SSIS)
- Have development experience in T-SQL; define data structures and data feed to support front end tasks.
- Have experience applying DBMS best practices and support DBA in tasks ranging over backup, maintenance, upgrades and query tuning.
This role will be filled very quickly- if this sounds like something you may be interested in please don't hesitate to APPLY NOW!